Information for Parents
Learn about our schools, programs, and the wonderful community of New Ulm.
About New Ulm
City of New Ulm
New Ulm, the City of “Charm and Tradition,” is nestled just 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the scenic Minnesota River Valley.
Learn more about our city >
If you are interested in enrolling your child in New Ulm Public Schools, contact the following:
New Ulm High School
Grades 9 -12: Contact the Principal’s Office at (507) 233-6400
New Ulm Middle School
Grades 5-8: Contact the Guidance Office at (507) 233-6100
Grades 1 – 4: Contact the Principal’s Office at (507) 233-3500
Washington Learning Center
Grade K: Contact the Principal’s Office at (507) 233-8300
Early Childhood Family Education
Early Childhood: Contact the ECFE Office at (507) 233-8300
If you want to register personally, please download and complete the NUPS Registration Form (pdf) before coming in.
Special Education Services are provided through River Bend Education District.
Visit River Bend’s site >
Student devices allow New Ulm staff and students unique opportunities to personalize the learning experience.
Student Device Program Page
The New Ulm Public Schools Campus Portal enables parents to view information about your child’s grades, class schedule, attendance, assignments, test scores, immunizations and fees. The system provides timely communication between families and the school. An account is required to access the Portal.
Campus Portal Information Page
Our goal is to maintain, improve, and promote the health of all students through health assistants at all buildings.
Health Services Department
Food Service Department
Safe Routes to School Page
New Ulm offers several early childhood/preschool opportunities for children at all levels through programs such as ECFE and Eagles Preschool.
Kids Connection Page
Visit the Friends of ISD 88 site >
Visit the Eagles Unified Booster Club site
The foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of education in ISD 88 by creating partnerships between our schools, our communities and alumni.
Visit the ISD 88 Foundation site >
Our Mission, Vision, and Goals
New Ulm Public Schools will provide educational excellence in partnership with students, families, and the community.
- Providing personalized learning opportunities for all
- Offering mental health programs and supports
- Creating multiple pathways for learning and preparation for post secondary
- Encouraging and enhancing school pride throughout our communities
- Strengthening community engagement and outreach to our marginalized populations
Empowering our learning community through equitable, engaging and innovative programming.
- Increase student growth in state/national assessments 3% each year
- Focused use of data to inform instruction
- High expectations of every student
- Intervention programs to close the achievement gap
- Personalized learning for all
- Advance equity, diversity and inclusion in our schools
- Professional development and learning for all staff and board members Collaborate with MSBA on policy review using an equity lens Review practices that may create barriers for certain populations
- Strengthen community engagement and outreach
- Highlight programs and student success
- Telling our story to our communities
- Connecting with families who are underrepresented